Traveling the World Through Your Favorite Movies.
Visit Almeria, Spain and be transported into the iconic scenes of Lawrence of Arabia. Enjoy an incredible view of Paris from Amélie’s Montmartre. Mail a postcard in Procida, Italy and see the sights shot in Il Postino. Prowl through the neighborhoods of Hamburg like Dennis Hopper and feel the eerie glow that is emitted in The American Friend. Find out how the location of Atonement was found and why Iceland stood in for the sands of Iwo Jima, and much, much more.
- 199 movies cited
- 135 color photographs of movie locations, sites and landmarks
- 16 countries & over 75 city listings
- Original cover illustrations by award-winning graphic novelist Jillian Tamaki (NY Times)
- Packed with sidebars and useful trivia about each film location
- Comprehensive index and credits
- Great gift for travel lovers and film buffs
Contributors: Tom Beer (Newsday), Liz Brown (Book Forum), Shari Kizirian (Film Arts), Laurel Maury (NPR), Enrique Ramirez (PhD., Princeton), Julien Seveon (film critic), Hannah Tucker (Entertainment Weekly), Pelin Turgut (TIME)
Film + Travel Series 978-0-9822320-0-2 Trade Paperback $11.95 168 pages, 5 1/4 x 8 Carton Qty: 36 Travel TRV009000: Travel/Europe/General PER004020: Performing Arts/Film & Video/Guides & ReviewsAdd to Cart