Van Gogh. Munch. Vermeer. Caravaggio. Goya.
Five artists who have captured the imagination and continue to inspire. Now see the world through their eyes with Art + Travel Europe, a new guidebook from Museyon Guides, the publisher of Music + Travel Worldwide and the Film + Travel series. Curated by industry experts, Art + Travel Europe is the first guidebook to feature detailed walking tours of the five cities where these artists lived, loved and labored. Readers will discover the sights and stories behind such iconic works as “Starry Night” and “The Scream,” go on the run to retrace the steps of Caravaggio in exile, plus much, much more. You know their art; now step into their lives.
Contributors: Kristin Hohenadel (The Los Angeles Times), Lea Feinstein (SF Weekly), Sandra Smallenburg (Arts Editor NRC Handelsblad), George Stolz (ARTnews), Barbie Latza Nadeau (CNN Traveler).
- Walking tours of five cities as seen through the eyes of five iconic artists: Van Gogh’s Arles, Munch’s Oslo, Vermeer’s Delft, Caravaggio’s Rome, Goya’s Madrid
- Meticulously researched articles curated by local experts
- Chapters loaded with useful sidebars, travel tips, and suggested itineraries with easy-to-read maps
- Comprehensive index of artworks and museum locations around the globe
- Listings of books, films and music inspired by or about each artist
- Over 100 color photographs
- Appeal for both the armchair traveler as well as the get-up-and-go traveler
- Original cover illustrations by Tiny Inventions
208 pages, 5 1/4 x 8
Full Color Throughout, 5 Color Maps
Carton Qty: 36
TRV009000: TRAVEL / Europe / General
ART015030: ART / European
ART015000: ART / History / General
March 2010 Add to Cart