Exploring the Historic City of Light
By John Baxter
Discover one of the world’s most beautiful cities through 29 dramatic true stories spanning 2,000 years of European history.From the headless walk of Saint Denis to the séances of the Surrealists, John Baxter leads 8 walking tours following in the footsteps of Marie Antoinette, Napoleon, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec, Ernest Hemingway and the many other innovators, artists and expats who found inspiration in the City of Light.
The third title in Museyon’s acclaimed “Chronicles” series, Chronicles of Old Paris: Exploring the Historic City of Light ($19.95, 288 pages, ISBN 978-0-9846334-2-5) is enjoyable for history buffs and Paris tourists alike. It includes:
- 29 meticulously researched stories including dramatic episodes from the lives of Marie Antoinette,
- Napoleon, Josephine Baker, Coco Chanel, Henri de Toulouse-Lautrec and many more
- 29 detailed maps
- 400 + photographs and illustrations of Paris past and present
- 8 walking tours visiting major landmarks and historical sites including the Eiffel Tower, Napoleon’s tomb, Notre-Dame de Paris, the Luxembourg Gardens and much, much more.
- Listings of famous (and infamous) cafés and cabarets for a taste of Paris’s past
About the Author:
John Baxter is a biographer, film critic, novelist and broadcaster. Since moving to Paris in 1989, he has also written a series of best-selling memoirs and books about the city, including We’ll Always Have Paris, Cooking for Claudine and The Most Beautiful Walk in the World.
ISBN 978-0-9846334-2-5 Trade Paperback 288 pages, 5¼ x 8 400+ Illustrations and Photos 29 Color Maps Travel/History
Add to Cart