We’re happy to announce that our newest publication, Chronicles of Old New York is now on sale! Buy it here on our site, Amazon or Barnes and Noble!
The history of New York City is written in its streets; uncover it with Chronicles of Old New York, a new guide enjoyable for history buffs, New York residents, and NYC tourists alike. It includes:
- 25 meticulously researched articles on dramatic stories from Manhattan history including episodes from the lives of John Jacob Astor, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Stanford White, Gertrude Whitney, Donald Trump, and more
- 58 historical maps, plus 118 photographs and illustrations from the collections of the New York Public Library, New-York Historic Society, New York University Archive, Smithsonian Institute, Lower East Side Tenement Museum, and the Museum of the City of New York
- Sidebars on taverns, townhouses, architecture, and neighborhoods
- Detailed timeline of historical events
- Walking tours of nine historic New York neighborhoods, including detailed maps, color photographs and subway directions
“…put this book on your favorite shelf, to be grabbed and read each time you decide to discover or rediscover one of our many and unique neighborhoods which, together, create the great metropolis.” – Susan Szenasy, Editor-in-Chief, Metropolis Magazine
“Even if you’re not traveling to New York any time soon, you’ll love Chronicles of New York: Exploring Manhattan’s Landmark Neighborhoods, a new guide from Museyon. Extensively researched by author James Roman the guide is full of historical photos. I loved looking at the Easter Day strollers on Fifth Avenue or reading about the days when Park Avenue was lined with breweries, factories and small farms.” – Budget Travel’s Travel Girl.