Home » Tag Archives: st. bartholomew’s

Tag Archives: st. bartholomew’s

Chronicles: St. Bartholomew’s

archi_churchlong

Like many older uptown and midtown churches, St. Bartholomew’s first began downtown in 1835, near the greatest concentration of New Yorkers. But as its congregation grew, it soon built a large new church uptown on Madison Avenue in the year 1872. The church was designed by James Renwick and later embellished with a triple portal by Stanford White. In addition ... Read More »

Scroll To Top