By Jun Ichimura
Poco and Moco are twin lambs. They look almost exactly alike, and they get along so well that they spend every minute of their day together. But they’re also different in a lot of ways. For one thing, Poco is a boy and Moco is a girl. Poco likes breads and rolls, but Moco likes cakes and pastries. They both like donuts, so if they only have one, they split it in half. Poco likes to play hide-and-seek, Moco loves to climb trees. And when they join forces they can do things neither of them could ever do alone.
The use of fold-outs, cut-outs, and other special features adds an extra element of fun as readers get to know the twins and explore their differences and similarities.
The author, Ichihara, hopes that this book will help children to develop a sense of respect for others as they grow and are in the process of forming their identity.
Jun Ichihara is an acclaimed author and illustrator in Japan. His picture-book titles include Wakuwaku ABC bukku (ABC Excitement), Wāratta (Theeere’s the Smile!) and Sugoi kuruma (Awesome Car). Poppet Town, an animated TV series based on characters he created, has been broadcast in over 100 countries.
• ISBN 978-1-940842-19-6, US $12.99/CAN $17.99
• 38 Pages, 32 Beautiful Color Illustrations
• Hardcover Picture Book (7 1/2 in x 7 1/2 in)
• Written for children ages up to 5
• Mariko Shii Gharbi (translator), Simone Kaplan (editor)
• Distribution by Independent Publishers Group
• Available in stores and online April 2018