By Museyoun Guides
Discover Manhattan’s historic landmarks through beautiful photographs by Alfred Stieglitz, Berenice Abbott, Alfred Eisenstaedt and others; quirky quotes by celebrities, from George Washington to Lenny Bruce; and informative anecdotes, including the last public execution in Washington Square, the ghost of Aaron Burr’s lost daughter, Alva Vanderbilt’s costume ball, The Beatles’ “Ed Sullivan Show” appearance and more.
Historic Landmarks of Old New York (ISBN 978-1-940842-15-8, 272 pages, $17.95) is a glamorous guidebook that will appeal to history buffs, New Yorkers, lovers of New York and tourists alike. Featured are:
• 99 existing historic landmarks, including the Statue of Liberty, Federal Hall, Brooklyn Bridge, Washington Square Park, Grace Church, Grand Central Terminal, Rockefeller Center, Central Park, American Museum of Natural History and more.
• 186 images, including 82 dramatic two-page spreads or single pages.
• 88 documentary photos of New York, including Edward Steichen’s “Flatiron Building,” Alfred Eisenstaedt’s “V-J Day in Times Square,” Berenice Abbott’s “Changing New York” and other archival scenes.
• 11 useful area maps, with locations of the 99 landmarks for easy reference.
• 101 insightful and opinionated quotes about the landmarks or New York by public figures and artists, such as John F. Kennedy, Truman Capote, Edith Wharton, Bob Dylan, Natalie Portman and Woody Allen.
• 24 sidebar short stories that every New Yorker must know.
272 pages, 5¼ x 8
186 Illustrations and Photos
11 Color Maps
Travel / History
US $17.95/CA $23.95
Distribution by IPG